Data entry is boring and error-prone – wouldn’t it be nice to be able to pull your trade executions right from your broker into your journal automatically? That’s exactly what you can do if you’re a CyberTrader client or now an Interactive Brokers client.
One StockTickr Pro subscriber says with this plugin along with automatic chart review that he’ll save 30 to 45 minutes every day that he used to spend manually keeping records.
Here’s how it works:
- Sign up for StockTickr Pro if you’re not already.
- Download and install the StockTickr/IB Plugin.
- When you’re ready to upload your trades to StockTickr, simply start the plugin from your start menu.
- Click Logon to connect to TWS and StockTickr.
- Click Load Executions to load the executions into the plugin window.
- Click Send to StockTickr to automatically send your executions into your journal.
The plugin will automatically compact your executions into trades. For example, let’s say you put in a trade of 200 shares and got filled for 100 shares at 50.10 and the other 100 shares at 50.12. The plugin automatically determines that was a single trade and loads 200 shares at 50.11.
There’s a free trial for StockTickr Pro, so sign up today.
Here’s a screenshot of the plugin in action: