Awesome Day for Automated Trading System, +30R

June 2nd, 2008

I’m “piloting” an additional automated strategy – a process that I’ll explain fully in a future post. Basically it means trading small until enough meaningful data has been collected to determine whether a system can be profitable in real world trading and not just simulated backtests.

This new strategy has backtested really well, so I’ve been trading it for a few days. It scored a knockout on Friday and made +30R in a single day! Even with small risk that’s a substantial amount.

My manual trading had a good day, too, for the first time in what seemed like quite a while. Friday basically saved what almost turned into a poor, breakeven month for May.

I hope everyone has a great week this week!

8 Comments

1. Tyro Said,

June 2, 2008 @ 5:31 am

Holy Frijoles! You didn’t just knock that one out of the ballpark, it isn’t even in the city anymore! Congrats, I hope this strategy keeps paying out like this in June.

Is there enough liquidity to scale that one up in the future?

June 2, 2008 @ 6:38 am

@Tyro

Thanks for the comment. At this point, I believe there is enough liquidity for this one to scale. I think it will be a lot more resistant to slippage than some other strategies I’ve piloted. (That might be an understatement.) 😉

This one requires more buying power than some other ones, so I think that would be more of an issue than slippage. (And the opposite for some other strategies).

3. Tyro Said,

June 2, 2008 @ 6:45 am

Little slippage, huge upside and the ability to scale… I think you’ve found the mother lode. Move aside Ugly, the new automated trading master is in town.

I’ve been telling myself that I’d get some Ninja strategy working first and then use profits to buy OddsMaker and other systems. If you keep this up, I think you’ll convince me that I’ve been badly misguided 🙂

4. Closet Daytrader Said,

June 2, 2008 @ 7:35 am

Congrats!

What’s your plan for this automated system once you are convinced that it’s reliable to an acceptable level?

Are you going to share? Share with subscription? Or just keep it to yourself?

Just curious.

June 2, 2008 @ 7:53 am

@Tyro – having used both NinjaTrader and the Odds Maker, I don’t think there’s any contest. I’ll write a post about this soon.

@Closet – thanks for the comments. I’ll be releasing the bot, but not the strategies I’m developing. That said, I think we’ll be releasing some tradeable intro strategies to get you started with the robot.

6. Closet Daytrader Said,

June 2, 2008 @ 6:48 pm

Thanks! Will you please keep me posted?

7. Closet Daytrader Said,

June 4, 2008 @ 6:12 pm

Dave,

I just sent you a message, via your website, with my contact email address. Please kindly let me know once you have received it.

Regards

RSS feed for comments on this post